OUR CLIENTS OFTEN ASK US ABOUT SERUMS. NOT EVERYONE USES ONE IN THEIR ROUTINE, AND IT APPEARS THAT THE REASON MOST OFTEN IS THAT THE SERUM’S IMPORTANCE AND BENEFITS ARE NOT FULLY UNDERSTOOD. SO WHAT IS A SERUM?
WHAT IS A SERUM?
Natural waterless serums are a relatively new category of skincare products that have become increasingly popular in recent years. Unlike traditional serums that contain water as their main ingredient, waterless serums use a combination of nourishing oils and botanical extracts to hydrate and nourish the skin. Serums are usually the step after you wash your face, and before you moisturize. Serums are thinner than moisturizers, so they penetrate more deeply. In this blog post, we will explore the benefits of natural waterless serums and how to use them in your skincare routine.
BENEFITS OF NATURAL WATERLESS SERUMS:
- Deep Hydration: The nourishing oils used in waterless serums are easily absorbed by the skin, providing deep hydration without leaving a greasy residue.
- Anti-Aging: Many waterless serums contain powerful anti-aging ingredients, such as retinol, vitamin C, and hyaluronic acid, that help to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and promote a more youthful-looking complexion.
- Nourishment: Waterless serums are often formulated with nutrient-rich botanical extracts, such as rosehip oil, jojoba oil, and sea buckthorn oil, that provide the skin with essential vitamins and minerals.
- Non-Comedogenic: Because waterless serums are very fluid and do not leave a greasy film, they are less likely to clog pores and cause breakouts, making them an excellent choice for those with acne-prone or sensitive skin.
HOW TO USE NATURAL WATERLESS SERUMS IN YOUR SKINCARE ROUTINE:
- Cleanse your face: Start by cleansing your face to remove any dirt, oil, or makeup.
- (Optional) Tone: Apply a toner to your skin to balance its pH and prepare it for the serum.
- Apply the waterless serum: Dispense a small amount of the serum onto your fingertips and gently massage it into your skin. Pay particular attention to any areas that need extra hydration or attention.
- Moisturize: After the serum has been absorbed, apply a moisturizer to lock in the hydration and nourishment.
- Sunscreen: If you are using the serum during the day, be sure to follow up with a sunscreen to protect your skin from UV damage.
- (Optional) Rose water: Mist your face with a refreshing and mood-boosting rose water as a final touch.
TIPS FOR USING NATURAL WATERLESS SERUMS:
- Less is More: Because waterless serums are highly concentrated, you only need to use a small amount to get the full benefits. Using too much can leave your skin feeling greasy or cause breakouts.
- Layering: Waterless serums can be layered with other skincare products, such as moisturizers or face oils, for added hydration and nourishment.
- Customize: Look for waterless serums that are formulated for your specific skin concerns, such as anti-aging, hydration, or brightening.
- Patch Test: Before using a waterless serum on your face, be sure to do a patch test to ensure that you are not allergic to any of the ingredients.